dialoguenoun [C or U](US also dialog) uk /ˈdaɪ.ə.lɒɡ/ us /-lɑːɡ/
- The actors struggled manfully with some of the worst lines of dialogue ever written.
- The dialogue was unconvincing, partly because it was American actors trying to speak London English.
- The dialogue sounded stilted and unnatural, perhaps because of the translation from the original Russian.
- During certain scenes of the play there isn't any script and the actors just improvise the dialogue.
- The two governments have agreed to engage in a comprehensive dialogue to resolve the problem.