Dictaphonenoun [ C ]uk /ˈdɪk.tə.fəʊn/ us /ˈdɪk.tə.foʊn/ trademark
Examples from literature
- But to talk into the metallic receiver of a mechanical dictaphone has an almost ridiculous air.
- Explain the operation of a dictaphone.
- I press this button, start a dictaphone, and talk in any direction, anywhere.
- I sighed for a dictaphone in which the original Dutch-English might be recorded for the delight of others.
- In using the dictaphone, one can do much better work if one is in a room where there is little or nothing to distract attention.