dieverb [I]uk /daɪ/ us /daɪ/ present participle dying, past tense and past participle died
- These men are ready to die for their country.
- When the queen dies, her eldest son will succeed to the throne.
- We had a very hard winter last year and some of the plants died.
- Trees are dying in areas where acid rain is most prevalent.
- If disturbed, the bird may abandon the nest, leaving the chicks to die.
You can also find related words, phrases, and synonyms in the topics:
dienoun [C]uk /daɪ/ us /daɪ/
die noun [C] (TOOL)
die noun [C] (GAME)