differverb [ I ]uk /ˈdɪf.ər/ us /ˈdɪf.ɚ/
› formal to disagree:
- Eye-witness accounts of the fighting differ markedly from police reports of what happened.
- The three birds differ in small features (see Plate 4).
- It's essentially a dictionary but it differs in one or two respects.
- This proposal differs from the last one in many important respects.
- The dispute is based on two widely differing interpretations of the law.
Thesaurus: synonyms and related words
You can also find related words, phrases, and synonyms in the topics: