difficultynounuk /ˈdɪf.ɪ.kəl.ti/ us /-t̬i/
- If you show the receipt, there ought not to be any difficulty getting your money back.
- Many people have difficulty in rebuilding their lives when they come out of prison.
- If you're in financial difficulty, we're happy to let you spread your payments over two years.
- "Did you have any difficulty finding the theatre?" "No, your directions were excellent."
- There are three levels of difficulty in this game: low, intermediate and high.
- a (heavy) cross to bear idiom
- a bitter pill (to swallow) idiom
- a hard/tough nut to crack idiom
- life's a bitch (and then you die) idiom
- the hard way idiom
- the rub idiom
- the sharp end
- thorn in your flesh/side idiom