digestverbuk /daɪˈdʒest/ us /daɪˈdʒest/
digest verb (EAT)
- The adult owls feed their young with food which they've already partly digested.
- Don't rush off - let's just sit here a while and digest our food.
- How can you expect to digest your food properly when you eat your meals so fast?
- The snake lay absolutely motionless for hours as it digested its meal.
- Meat-eaters must produce extensive bile acids in their intestines to properly digest the meat that they eat.
digest verb (UNDERSTAND)