digital cameranoun [ C ]uk /ˌdɪdʒ.ɪ.təl ˈkæm.rə/ us /ˌdɪdʒ.ɪ.t̬əl ˈkæm.rə/
- Digital cameras are less wasteful because you select the photos before you get them printed.
- Most people seem to use digital cameras nowadays.
Examples from literature
- Digital cameras are getting better resolution all the time, and some volunteers have experimented with making a kind of home-made planetary scanner from a digital camera and a stand.
- So far, the results don't quite match a dedicated scanner, but as digital cameras improve, this may become a common option.
- They are really not scanners at all, but a very high-end digital camera on a stand.
- Whatever the current problems, the prospect of using digital cameras is exciting, because it will mean that non-typists will be able to produce old books borrowed from libraries without worrying about scan quality vs. damage to the spine.