dignitynoun [ U ]uk /ˈdɪɡ.nə.ti/ us /ˈdɪɡ.ə.t̬i/
She has a quiet dignity about her.
- He regarded the comments as an affront to his dignity.
- She comported herself with great dignity at her husband's funeral.
- I accepted his decision that he wished to die with dignity.
- He managed to retain his dignity throughout the performance.
- He felt what he was being asked to do took away his dignity and self-respect.
Thesaurus: synonyms and related words
You can also find related words, phrases, and synonyms in the topics: