dining hallnoun [ C usually singular ]uk /ˈdaɪ.nɪŋ ˌhɔːl/ us /ˈdaɪ.nɪŋ ˌhɑːl/
Examples from literature
- The trains had no dining cars, so passengers ate in the Cascade Station dining hall with the workers.
- After an early dinner the dining hall was cleared for our entertainment.
- After the ceremony we adjourned to the dining hall.
- That night, in the crowded dining hall, the ovation for me was tremendous.
- The dining hall takes up most of the ground floor of Warren Hall.
- The dining hall was decorated with evergreens, flags and wild flowers.