dining tablenoun [ C ]uk /ˈdaɪ.nɪŋ ˌteɪ.bəl/ us /ˈdaɪ.nɪŋ ˌteɪ.bəl/
Examples from literature
- As for the dining table, it was dark, old-fashioned walnut, as were the chairs.
- It was nine o'clock, and the maids had cleared the dining table.
- The dining table, big enough for two ships' crews to eat at, is an example of the latter.
- The father was leaning far backwards on an ordinary chair, with his outstretched right arm resting on the dining table.
- The two girls sat at the big dining table, and sipped their chocolate, and laughed and talked, and I had the skeleton of a whole turkey on a newspaper that Susan spread on the carpet.