direct currentnoun [ U ]uk /ˌdaɪ.rekt ˈkʌr.ənt/ us /ˌdaɪ.rekt ˈkɝː.ənt/ abbreviation DC specialized
Thesaurus: synonyms and related words
Examples from literature
- All our transmission is done at high voltage direct current.
- Electrical power is supplied to single-trolley railroads principally in the form of direct current.
- How does a conductor behave in connection with direct current and how with alternating current?
- The presence of the condenser precludes the possibility of direct current flowing in this path.
- The switches of the direct current circuits are hand-operated and are located upon boards at the right and left of the control board.