directionnounuk /daɪˈrek.ʃən/ /dɪˈrek.ʃən/ us /daɪˈrek.ʃən/ /dɪˈrek.ʃən/
direction noun (POSITION)
- We felt the plane bank steeply as it changed direction.
- Why will supermarket trolleys never move in the direction that you push them in?
- I was waving my hand madly but he never once looked in my direction.
- When he asked where the children were, she gestured vaguely in the direction of the beach.
- From the top, we could see for miles in every direction.
You can also find related words, phrases, and synonyms in the topics:
direction noun (CONTROL)
direction noun (DEVELOPMENT)