directlyadverbuk /daɪˈrekt.li/ /dɪˈrekt.li/ us /daɪˈrekt.li/ /dɪˈrekt.li/
directly adverb (STRAIGHT)
- A narrow passage led directly through the house into the garden.
- You will report directly to the boss.
- The drug works more quickly if it is injected directly into the bloodstream.
- She wrote directly to the company manager and persuaded him to give her a job.
- There's a track that leads directly to the reservoir.
directly adverb (HONEST)
directly adverb (SOON)
directlyconjunctionuk /daɪˈrekt.li/ /dɪˈrekt.li/ us /daɪˈrekt.li/ /dɪˈrekt.li/ UK
You can also find related words, phrases, and synonyms in the topics: