directornoun [ C ]uk /daɪˈrek.tər/ /dɪˈrek.tər/ us /daɪˈrek.tɚ/ /dɪˈrek.tɚ/
director noun [ C ] (MANAGER)
the board of directors
- Has the director given you permission to do that?
- He's just been appointed (as) director of the publishing division.
- The education director is trying to obtain additional funding for the school.
- The new director is likely to make major changes in personnel.
- There's a board of five directors, but she is the Managing Director.
Thesaurus: synonyms and related words
You can also find related words, phrases, and synonyms in the topics: