dirtyadjectiveuk /ˈdɜː.ti/ us /ˈdɝː.t̬i/
dirty adjective (NOT CLEAN)
- It amazes me how you can put up with living in such a dirty house.
- There were dirty marks on her trousers where she had wiped her hands.
- You're treading muck into the carpet with your dirty shoes!
- You'd better roll your sleeves up or you'll get them dirty.
- Just put the dirty dishes in the washing-up bowl, and I'll do them later.
dirty adjective (NOT HONEST)
dirty adjective (NOT POLITE)
dirtyadverbuk /ˈdɜː.ti/ us /ˈdɝː.t̬i/