disappearancenoun [ C or U ]uk /ˌdɪs.əˈpɪə.rəns/ us /ˌdɪs.əˈpɪr.əns/
- An investigation has been under way for several days into the disappearance of a 13-year-old boy.
- Her disappearance was reported to the police department's Missing Persons Bureau.
- After ten years her mystifying disappearance was still unexplained.
- The disappearance of the ship, on a routine mission in 1925, has never been explained.
- Many viewers are furious about the programme's sudden disappearance from the schedules.