disappointverb [I or T]uk /ˌdɪs.əˈpɔɪnt/ us /ˌdɪs.əˈpɔɪnt/
- Getting a B for that essay really disappointed me, as I was hoping for an A.
- He failed to turn up for the concert, disappointing the crowds of fans waiting outside.
- Now I'm expecting a fantastic performance from you tonight, so don't disappoint me!
- I've promised my class cakes today as a treat and I don't want to disappoint them.
- Have the actions of this government disappointed you, as someone who voted for them at the last election?