disappointedadjectiveuk /ˌdɪs.əˈpɔɪn.tɪd/ us /ˌdɪs.əˈpɔɪn.t̬ɪd/
- She was disappointed to see her essay returned with a mass of corrections in red ink.
- I was a bit disappointed just to be given a B, as I was hoping for an A.
- When the magician didn't turn up for his birthday party, Dan was terribly disappointed.
- We were really disappointed by the hotel when we got there - it was nothing like the description in the brochure.
- Of course, he's disappointed not to have been chosen for the school team.