His first attempt was disastrous.
- Pollution can have disastrous effects on the delicately balanced ecosystem.
- No matter how disastrous the situation there always seems to be a funny side to it.
- I tried to repaint the kitchen walls with disastrous results.
- After a disastrous first month in office, many people are beginning to wonder if the new president is up to the job.
- The cumulative effect of using so many chemicals on the land could be disastrous.
Thesaurus: synonyms and related words