disbursementnoun [ C ]uk /dɪsˈbɜːs.mənt/ us /dɪsˈbɝːs.mənt/
Examples from literature
- Have you figured up the total of the disbursements I told you of?
- It is its duty to see that the disbursement has been honestly made.
- It was his general principle to vote for any thing that looked to the disbursement of money.
- The State takes a sensible view of the disbursements of the inheritance of a minor.
- The military disbursements have been regularly made and the accounts regularly and promptly rendered for settlement.
- This establishment is upon so vast a scale, that government, which is the proprietor, is always a loser upon balancing the receipts and disbursements of each night.