discriminationnoun [U]uk us /dɪˌskrɪm.ɪˈneɪ.ʃən/
discrimination noun [U] (DIFFERENT TREATMENT)
- AIDS victims often experience social ostracism and discrimination.
- There should be no discrimination on the grounds of colour.
- She believes the research understates the amount of discrimination women suffer.
- She will be remembered as an unrelenting opponent of racial discrimination.
- The law has done little to prevent racial discrimination and inequality.
- affirmative action
- Amnesty International
- civil liberties
- equal opportunity
- gender discrimination
- human rights
- positive discrimination
- reverse discrimination
- the disappeared
- women's libber
- women's liberation
You can also find related words, phrases, and synonyms in the topics:
discrimination noun [U] (SEEING A DIFFERENCE)
- an old/a wise head on young shoulders idiom
- be a victory for common sense idiom
- no flies on sb idiom
- out of the mouths of babes (and sucklings) idiom