disguiseverb [ T ]uk /dɪsˈɡaɪz/ us /dɪsˈɡaɪz/
- "Well, I have shown you how to do this before, " she said, unable to disguise her impatience.
- Strenuous efforts were made throughout the war to disguise the scale of civilian casualties.
- She has had a lot of cosmetic surgery in an attempt to disguise her age.
- My friend rang me up at the office and tried to disguise her voice, but I knew it was her.
- The journalist disguised himself as a waiter in order to get into the celebrity party.
disguisenoun [ C or U ]uk /dɪsˈɡaɪz/ us /dɪsˈɡaɪz/
Thesaurus: synonyms and related words
You can also find related words, phrases, and synonyms in the topics: