disintegrateverb [ I ]uk /dɪˈsɪn.tɪ.ɡreɪt/ us /dɪˈsɪn.t̬ə.ɡreɪt/
- Many meteors disintegrate during their passage through the atmosphere.
- The plaster on the walls was beginning to disintegrate.
- The rubber washer at the back of the machine needs replacing - look, it has completely disintegrated.
- The archaeologist explained that the cloth this brooch was pinned to has since disintegrated.
- It's ok to flush away toilet tissue because it disintegrates, but disposable nappies do not.
Thesaurus: synonyms and related words
You can also find related words, phrases, and synonyms in the topics: