disknoun [ C ]uk /dɪsk/ us /dɪsk/
Put the disk into the drive.
- How much data can you store on a floppy disk?
- a virus erased my hard disk
- The data is stored on a hard disk and backed up on a floppy disk.
- The display problems might be due to a shortage of disk space.
- There's too much data to fit onto just the one disk.
- Flatten the pastry into a thin disc with your hands.
- The sun looked like an orange disc, barely visible through the haze of gas and ash that filled the sky.
- His greatest hits album consists of 2 discs and over 40 songs.
- A DVD is a five-inch disc that plays films as well as music.
- A gold disc is awarded when a million dollars worth of records are sold.