Thesaurus: synonyms and related words
Examples from literature
- A party of boys disported themselves noisily on the range of stone posts that form a bodyguard round the ancient lamp-surmounted pump, but otherwise the place was wrapped in dignified repose suited to its age and station.
- In the distant water a large number of animals are disporting themselves.
- It happened that my brother and myself were disporting ourselves in certain fields near the good town of Canterbury.
- On Sunday afternoons all the bourgeois world of our ville disports itself upon the jetty.
- The latter took little notice, and slowly wended his way through the extensive park, in whose magnificent old trees monkeys were disporting themselves.