dispose of sb/sth
— phrasal verb with dispose uk /dɪˈspəʊz/ us /dɪˈspoʊz/ verb formal
- Surely there must be a better way to dispose of nuclear waste?
- He never uses that bike any more, but he's very reluctant to dispose of it.
- Some farmers were disposing of animal carcasses in secret.
- He strangled her with her own scarf and then disposed of her body in the woods.
- There is a recycling bin in the car park where you can dispose of your drinks cans.
Thesaurus: synonyms and related words
- be scattered to the four winds idiom
- cast sb/sth aside/away/off
- fling sth/sb out
- flush sth out
- free sb from/of sth
- throw sth away/out
- throw the baby out with the bathwater idiom
- toss sth aside
- toss sth out
- turf sth out