disputenoun [C or U]uk us /dɪˈspjuːt/ /ˈdɪs.pjuːt/
- All attempts at conciliation failed and the dispute continued.
- An outside adviser has been brought in to arbitrate the dispute between the management and the union.
- Management have demonstrated almost unbelievable incompetence in their handling of the dispute.
- I'd like to help but I don't have the power to intervene in this dispute.
- The chances of settling this dispute through talks seem increasingly slender.
You can also find related words, phrases, and synonyms in the topics:
disputeverb [I or T]uk us /dɪˈspjuːt/
- How can you be a Christian and dispute the divinity of Jesus?
- Several experts now dispute the usual attribution of the work to Leonardo.
- Are you disputing the judge's decision, madam?
- Many people would dispute that statement.
- I don't dispute her ability, but what I question is her attitude.