disputenoun [C or U]uk /dɪˈspjuːt/ /ˈdɪs.pjuːt/ us /dɪˈspjuːt/ /ˈdɪs.pjuːt/
- All attempts at conciliation failed and the dispute continued.
- An outside adviser has been brought in to arbitrate the dispute between the management and the union.
- Management have demonstrated almost unbelievable incompetence in their handling of the dispute.
- I'd like to help but I don't have the power to intervene in this dispute.
- The chances of settling this dispute through talks seem increasingly slender.
You can also find related words, phrases, and synonyms in the topics:
disputeverb [I or T]uk /dɪˈspjuːt/ us /dɪˈspjuːt/