dissolveverbuk /dɪˈzɒlv/ us /dɪˈzɑːlv/
dissolve verb (BE ABSORBED)
- Pour the powder into the solution and stir it gently until the powder has dissolved.
- Drop two tablets into a glass of water and leave them to dissolve.
- We have to keep stirring until all the cubes of jelly have dissolved.
- Sugar is a soluble substance, which means that it dissolves in water.
- This all-purpose fertilizer comes in the form of blue granules that dissolve easily.
dissolve verb (END)
- all good things (must) come to an end idiom
- and have done with it idiom
- be over the hump idiom
- knock off (sth)
- lay sth to rest idiom
- lay the ghost of sth (to rest) idiom
- leave it at that idiom
- the curtain falls on sth idiom
- to the bitter end idiom
- top sth off