distantadjectiveuk us /ˈdɪs.tənt/
distant adjective (NOT CLOSE)
- In their little boat they planned to voyage to distant lands.
- She heard the wind whistling through the trees and the howl of a distant wolf.
- She said we were nearly there, but the island was still no more than a distant smudge on the horizon.
- Looking southeastwards, they could see the distant mountains.
- We could hear the rumble of distant thunder.
- (in) the middle of nowhere idiom
- all/the four corners of the world/earth idiom
- as far as the eye can/could see idiom
- light year
- light years away idiom
- the back of beyond idiom
- you're getting colder idiom
distant adjective (NOT FRIENDLY)
You can also find related words, phrases, and synonyms in the topics: