distilled waternoun [ U ]uk /dɪˌstɪld ˈwɔː.tər/ us /dɪˌstɪld ˈwɑː.t̬ɚ/
Thesaurus: synonyms and related words
You can also find related words, phrases, and synonyms in the topics:
Examples from literature
- Distilled water is very useful in many cases to ascertain whether paper has been scratched and partially sized or treated with resin.
- Hot distilled water may be taken in addition.
- Put in a saucepan with the cold distilled water, cover tightly, and boil for thirty minutes.
- The flask is then withdrawn and the acid diluted with about an equal volume of distilled water.
- Wash the filter with distilled water, collecting with the filtrate in a small flask.