distinctadjectiveuk us /dɪˈstɪŋkt/
distinct adjective (NOTICEABLE)
- The sales chart shows a distinct decline in the past few months.
- There's a distinct possibility that I'll be asked to give a speech.
- There has been a distinct improvement in Tim's cooking.
- Plant growth is most distinct in spring and early summer.
- In recent years there has been a distinct decline in such venerable British institutions as afternoon tea and the Sunday roast.
- be (as) plain as the nose on your face idiom
- be (right) under your nose idiom
- be etched somewhere idiom
- be writ large idiom
- loud and clear idiom
- shine out
- shine through
- speaks for itself idiom
distinct adjective (DIFFERENT)