distinguishverbuk /dɪˈstɪŋ.ɡwɪʃ/ us /dɪˈstɪŋ.ɡwɪʃ/
- They look so similar it's often difficult to distinguish one from the other.
- The male bird displays several characteristics which distinguish him from the female.
- It's his eye for detail that distinguishes him as a painter.
- It can be difficult to distinguish between poisonous and edible mushrooms.
- Teachers have to learn to distinguish between behaviour problems associated with learning difficulties and behaviour problems linked to something else.
You can also find related words, phrases, and synonyms in the topics: