district attorneynoun [ C ]uk /ˌdɪs.trɪkt əˈtɜː.ni/ us /ˌdɪs.trɪkt əˈtɝː.ni/ abbreviation DA
Thesaurus: synonyms and related words
Examples from literature
- For any further information, I must refer you to the district attorney—the case is in his hands.
- The court after hearing the district attorney, denied the motion.
- The district attorney ran his finger briskly down a printed card.
- The district attorney's argument was cool, dispassionate, perfunctory.
- This witness's manner when making the deposition at her residence was afterward described by the district attorney as most extraordinary.