districtnoun [ C ]uk /ˈdɪs.trɪkt/ us /ˈdɪs.trɪkt/
the business district of New York
the Lake District/the Peak District
US the City of Malden School District
UK South Cambridgeshire District Council
- An upsurge in violence in the district has been linked to increased unemployment.
- Vandals smashed windows and overturned cars in the downtown shopping district.
- Now 5,000 new children will be attending the district's already overburdened school system.
- Wales will be divided into 21 unitary authorities instead of eight counties and 37 districts.
- Villaverde is one of the high-rise districts that encircle Madrid.
Thesaurus: synonyms and related words
You can also find related words, phrases, and synonyms in the topics: