divideverbuk us /dɪˈvaɪd/
divide verb (SEPARATE)
- Knead the dough well, then divide it into four pieces.
- Texas is divided into 254 counties.
- The work has been divided into smaller, more manageable sections.
- Human prehistory is divided into three successive periods: the Stone Age, the Bronze Age and the Iron Age.
- The money was divided equally between several worthy causes.
divide verb (DISAGREE)
You can also find related words, phrases, and synonyms in the topics:
divide verb (CALCULATE)
dividenoun [C]uk us /dɪˈvaɪd/