dividendnoun [C]uk /ˈdɪv.ɪ.dend/ /ˈdɪv.ɪ.dənd/ us /ˈdɪv.ə.dend/ /ˈdɪv.ə.dənd/
- In addition to their salary, employees receive a profit-related dividend.
- All that extra training is paying dividends.
- When you consider how much money the company made, it could have paid its shareholders a much higher dividend.
- As director and principal shareholder, he receives a substantial annual dividend from the company.
- Disappointing profits mean that no dividend will be paid to shareholders this year.