do without (sth)
— phrasal verb with do uk /də/ /du/ /duː/ us /də/ /du/ /duː/ verb did, done
B2 to manage without having something:
- Being on the committee is one involvement I could do without.
- He's an integral part of the team and we can't do without him.
- I don't know what I'd have done without Lizzie when I was ill - she was an absolute treasure.
- We can't afford to fix the car this month, so I guess we'll need to do without it for a few weeks.
- Surely you can do without television for a week?
Thesaurus: synonyms and related words