dogwoodnoun [ C or U ]uk /ˈdɒɡ.wʊd/ us /ˈdɑːɡ.wʊd/
Thesaurus: synonyms and related words
Examples from literature
- Dismounting, he moved with caution through a mass of dogwood and laurel to the bank.
- Frosts have not yet bronzed the dogwood in the hedges, and the hazel leaves are fairly firm.
- I rode in the cars through miles on miles of flowering dogwood and pink azalea.
- The dogwoods were quite dormant.
- The drawing-room or wherever the ceremony is to be performed is often decorated with pots of pale pink roses, or daisies, or branches of dogwood or white lilacs.