dollnoun [ C ]uk /dɒl/ us /dɑːl/
Examples from literature
- Interestingly, the great engineer Tanaka Hisashige, founder of the company that would eventually become TOSHIBA, actually started his career in the early 19th century as a maker of Karakuri dolls.
- Karakuri dolls, for example, were seen as more than models; they were respected as an art form.
- So some of them put a big doll in their car!
- These sophisticated dolls became highly popular.
- They want the police to think the doll is a person.
- And go on back home to your dolls.
- And it will take so long before I can save up money enough to get a new doll.
- In the first place, Sarah Jane had no right to take the doll to school, but the temptation was too much for her.
- She has gone to my wardrobe, taken a bonnet-trimming, and cut it all to pieces to make dolls' jackets!
- They have a doll whose name is Clara.