doltnoun [ C ]uk /dəʊlt/ us /doʊlt/ disapproving
Examples from literature
- From a dolt he had become a hero.
- He was a dolt who confused genuine passion with the milder preferences of callow youth.
- That smile meant to say: 'How stupid, what a ninny, what a dolt, what a donkey you are, to have sat there on your seat like a post all night!
- There he gently cursed himself for a fool, a dolt, an idiot.
- When we came to pay our bill, the dolt of a husband took the money and put it in his pocket.