domestic adjective (COUNTRY)
- The prime minister's globetrotting has led to accusations that he is ignoring domestic problems.
- The domestic market is still depressed, but demand abroad is picking up.
- The reduction of crime levels is the centrepiece of the president's domestic policies.
- Sadly, his reforms opened up a Pandora's box of domestic problems.
- As the NEC's deputy for domestic policy issues, Sperling has functioned as both policy wonk and political guru.
Thesaurus: synonyms and related words
domestic adjective (HOME)
- This week's broadcast features a report on victims of domestic violence.
- domestic harmony
- Some of the wolves had interbred with domestic dogs.
- Most domestic hobs have four gas or electric rings.
- The report documents the staggering amount of domestic violence against women.