domesticadjectiveuk /dəˈmes.tɪk/ us /dəˈmes.tɪk/
domestic adjective (COUNTRY)
- The prime minister's globetrotting has led to accusations that he is ignoring domestic problems.
- The domestic market is still depressed, but demand abroad is picking up.
- The reduction of crime levels is the centrepiece of the president's domestic policies.
- Sadly, his reforms opened up a Pandora's box of domestic problems.
- As the NEC's deputy for domestic policy issues, Sperling has functioned as both policy wonk and political guru.
domestic adjective (HOME)