donkeynoun [ C ]uk /ˈdɒŋ.ki/ us /ˈdɑːŋ.ki/
- Emily had a donkey ride at the fair.
- The little donkey struggled under its heavy burden.
Examples from literature
- And you should see his pomposity as he rides his humble donkey through the streets of Seoul.
- Caroline and the donkey walked slowly off toward the wood, which cast cool shadows.
- He is a very gentle old donkey.
- The donkey was waiting outside with all the patience for which donkeys are renowned.
- The only sound he made was a low word of encouragement to the donkey.