doorwaynoun [ C ]uk /ˈdɔː.weɪ/ us /ˈdɔːr.weɪ/
Thesaurus: synonyms and related words
Examples from literature
- Imagine standing in the doorway of an aircraft flying at 3,000 meters – falling into the clouds, diving down through the air at over 193 kilometers per hour!
- A servant appeared in the doorway.
- Her grandmother stood in the doorway watching for her.
- In front of her was a little stair running downwards, and ending in a doorway.
- My wife met me at the doorway.
- There were six doorways in front, none on the ends or in the rear walls.