double noun (PERSON)
Thesaurus: synonyms and related words
- a chip off the old block idiom
- a meeting of minds idiom
- be cast in the same mould idiom
- be of like mind idiom
- be of the same mind idiom
- birds of a feather flock together idiom
- birds of a feather idiom
- dead ringer
- it takes a thief to catch a thief idiom
- take after sb
double noun (TWO PLAYERS)
double noun (TWO WINS)
double noun (BASEBALL)
doubleverb [ I or T ]uk /ˈdʌb.əl/ us /ˈdʌb.əl/
- She's come up with some amazing scheme to double her income.
- Consumer spending has more than doubled in the last ten years.
- The amount of recycled glass used in manufacture doubled in five years.
- Alarmingly, the hole in the ozone layer has doubled in size this year.
- When the price of skiing in the mountain resorts doubled, tourists voted with their feet and just stopped going.