drainverbuk /dreɪn/ us /dreɪn/
drain verb (REMOVE LIQUID)
- They dug deep channels to drain the water from the fields.
- That's just the sound of the water draining out of the sink.
- You don't need to drain the rice, you see. It has absorbed all the water.
- This entire region is drained by the Danube delta.
- If there isn't a hole in the bottom of the plant pot, the water can't drain out.
drain verb (REDUCE)
drainnounuk /dreɪn/ us /dreɪn/
drain noun (PIPE)
drain noun (MAKE TIRED)
drain noun (REDUCE)