dramaticadjectiveuk /drəˈmæt.ɪk/ us /-ˈmæt̬-/
dramatic adjective (EXCITING)
- What accounts for the dramatic turnabout in Britain's international trading performance?
- There has been a dramatic shift in public opinion towards peaceful negotiations.
- In 1986 he made a very public and dramatic political volte-face from Left to Right.
- The increase in the number of young people leaving to work in the cities has had a dramatic impact on the demography of the villages.
- He secured a dramatic victory for England by netting the ball half a minute before the end of the game.
dramatic adjective (THEATRE)