dredgernoun [ C ]uk /ˈdredʒ.ər/ us /ˈdredʒ.ɚ/ also dredge
Examples from literature
- I want to get some views of the dredgers getting rid of the dirt.
- It was one of the dredgers from the waterfront, really a submarine scoop shovel, that they used to keep the pools and the inner channel from sanding up.
- The dredger and the three shielded derricks hadn't gotten into action yet.
- The dredger went lurching forward, and everything moved off after it.
- The port is very spacious and commodious, and dredgers have worked assiduously for several years past to deepen the entrance to it.