drinking waternoun [ U ]uk /ˈdrɪŋ.kɪŋ ˌwɔː.tər/ us /ˈdrɪŋ.kɪŋ ˌwɑː.t̬ɚ/
Thesaurus: synonyms and related words
You can also find related words, phrases, and synonyms in the topics:
Examples from literature
- Also, floodwater may contain bacteria that cause diseases and that can affect our drinking water.
- In some countries, more than 10 percent of the people can’t get any clean drinking water.
- Much of the drinking water in Antarctica is made from seawater.
- The dirty water ran through the streets and sometimes went into the drinking water.
- Citizens have been warned to boil all drinking water and to bury refuse.
- Even the well from which drinking water was obtained was polluted.
- Pure drinking water is supplied for its hundreds of inhabitants.
- There were times when they lacked good drinking water, which made bad matters worse.
- Who decides where the drinking water for the town shall come from?