droppingsnoun [ plural ]uk /ˈdrɒp.ɪŋz/ us /ˈdrɑː.pɪŋz/
Thesaurus: synonyms and related words
Examples from literature
- At that time, however, when we first stepped aboard, all was hidden under the droppings of innumerable sea-birds.
- In the third place, the soil in old pastures is likely to be rich from the droppings of animals.
- The disease is spread by droppings and dead birds, and through feed and water.
- The droppings are usually found in one place.
- These soils absorb the droppings readily and are never covered with standing water.